Thursday, October 17, 2019

The Devil's Attic - Review by Ash

Welcome to Hell...



Okay, so we may not have ACTUALLY descended into Hell, but it sure felt like it. For starters, let me just say we visited here once many moons back (like, 3 or 4 years or so?), and we went on a crappy night. It was raining, it was dreary, and we got stuck going with a YOUNG kid that was probably too young to be going there (parents, please understand, just because your young one likes scary stuff on TV doesn't mean they are ready for this intensity) screaming and crying, and it ruined the experience. So we were admittedly a little biased and skeptical upon arrival, but hey, we'd both had LONG days and we really needed this excitement.



Moving on to today. The line was already long at 8pm when they opened, and we went up to buy our tickets. Done. We went through the security (my ass made it beep - I only hope it was the button on my pocket!) and waited our turn. The actors in line were spectacular! Pig Man (idk his real name, this is what I'm calling him) got me FIVE full times, and got Kayla four! He was awesome, his costume was incredible, and I was overall impressed. (Ignore my weird face...lol!)

After the characters in the line had their fun with us, we had a photo op with some interesting props, and apparently everyone thinks I was way too excited about getting to decapitate Kayla. What do you guys think?


A big thank you to Esther, the crazed photographer, for not only communicating with us and showing us a Hell of a welcome (haha, get it?) but for taking a wicked pic and for making us go in alone. Normally we adopt a couple or a group to go in with us, but we got singled out at this haunt. Lucky us...or was it?

We're led inside, and I meet my future employer. He doesn't know it yet, but according to some of the stuff I say, I get told frequently I'm going to Hell. Might as well take the full tour now and get ready for it, right?! His costume and makeup are impeccable. Honestly, when we walked in, I kinda thought...well, nevermind. You'll see when you go, and trust me when I say you NEED to go.

So we're led further into Hell, and for a no-touch haunt, these guys and gals really know how to scare the ever-loving piss out of you! Between the set design and the makeup, the props, and of course the undeniable talent of the actors, you really get your money's worth on this one! There are a few horror movie scenes, and walking into some of them, you recognize the films but don't always know what to expect. Uncle Frank had a thing for us, though, and genuinely creeped me TF out! Everything was SO over the top. Oh! And let's not forget, you'll get lost. Which way do you go? Oops, nope, that's a scary monster, let's try again. Nope, not this one either! Holy Hell, there is no way out!! AAHHHH!!!

It was nonstop from beginning to end. No time to catch your breath, no time to calm your racing heart, and by the time you finally reach the end, you kind of accept the fact that you are never gonna leave this place. This was a MASSIVE improvement over our last experience years ago, and major kudos to the whole team for really scaring the shit out of us. I screamed so much I lost my voice until Monday morning. (Just in time for work...yay.)



Again, another obvious 5 star haunt. If you've never been you need to go. If you've already been, go again.

Phew! TWO five star haunts so far this season! (Well, technically three, but two were at the same place.) What is next?!


No comments:

Post a Comment