Thursday, October 17, 2019

American Horrorplex Take 2 - INVASIVE

So, I know it's been a hot minute since we visited American Horrorplex, and my second review still hasn't been posted - my apologies! But don't worry. The events that unfolded that night are burned into my brain...which I thought was going to end up as a spare part for the doctors to play with.


So, Invasive. Yeah. Invasive is definitely a MILD way to put what we went through in that place. We got these nifty little safety vests and made our way inside. So far, everything seems normal. But once inside and the door closes, all bets are off! I have been going to the dentist pretty frequently to fix my jacked up teeth over the last couple of years so thankfully I wasn't too terrified...until he wanted one of mine for his collection. Nah, I'm good, you don't need these, they're bad. What's that? Nope, don't want one of yours either!


NEXT!


Okay, so the dentist wanted our teeth. But the next assault by creatures wanted ALL OUR SPARE PARTS. And they didn't want to let us go till they got one. Yikes!! The actors in this haunt are all up in your personal space, pulling you one way then the other, sending what's left of any hope of escape right out the window. By the way...where are the windows? Where are the doors? Oh my gosh, I don't even see any way out!!

I won't offer up any other spoilers, but here's the thing. It's the same haunt, the same actors, the same scenes. Only this time, you do NOT get a chance to breathe. You are quarantined, separated from your group, lost, baptized, and OHMYGODDIDTHEYJUSTPUTTHATINTHEIRMOUTHS?! I don't think that was safe for human consumption! (Maybe they're...not quite...human??) You'll go to church and lose your faith as well as your sanity. Don't forget to take your medicine (like you have a choice?), and OHMYGODTHEY'RESTILLCOMINGAFTERUS!!


I really can't say much else without giving stuff away, and trust me, you don't wanna have this experience spoiled for you. Just know that even though this is the same haunt, this is NOT the same experience at all, and if you're not too chicken, you need this in your life.

By the way, did I mention THEY PUT THAT IN THEIR MOUTHS!! That is one tea party I want no part of!


Obviously 5 stars. I'd give it more if I could, honestly! The owners have really stepped up the haunted house game and set a HIGH standard for the others to reach. Can't wait to see what comes next from this new yet absolutely horrifying haunt in the coming years!


No comments:

Post a Comment